Join our team!
EHN Online offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and a mutually supportive work environment. As a member of our multidisciplinary team you will be part of a dedicated group of professionals who help patients and their families regain lives from addiction and mental health.
The Edgewood Health Network is an equal opportunity employer which practices the principles of employment equity.
Please send resumes to [email protected] with the position in the subject line.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect with the added use and function of Wagon online services.
EHN Outpatient Services is seeking two (2) full-time counsellors to work remotely providing individual and group treatment virtually. This position requires up to two (2) evenings per week and some weekends.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide a combination of individual and group counselling sessions, case management, referent/family communication, and team activities including regular supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides individual and group treatment to clients with substance abuse disorder, mood and anxiety disorders and other mental health conditions
- Works therapeutically with a diverse client population using evidence based modalities including DBT, CBT, and ACT
- Identifies treatment issues and goals with clients
- Collaborates in the development, implementation and follow-up of client care plans
- Completes detailed documentation and charting appropriately as per their regulatory college’s guidelines
- Prepares reports or correspondence in timely manner
- Participates in weekly meetings and supervision
- Liaises with stakeholders including families, referral sources, aftercare providers, EAP representatives, parole and probation officers, verbally, electronically and/or in writing as required
- Maintains appropriate professional associations and provides current documentation to HR
- Ability to conduct clinical services via online, telephone and video counselling
- Provides supervision for students in placement at Bellwood & EHN Online, as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three -five years of direct client experience
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work or relevant discipline preferred
- Current registration with a regulated professional College required (i.e. CRPO, College of SW,College of Psychotherapists)
- Role models excellence in client care and serves as a collegial mentor for the team
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking, communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Salary range: $60,000 to $71,000 commensurate with experience
Candidates should submit resumes to Elvira Trichilo, Human Resources Consultant at [email protected]. EHN Canada is an employment equity employer. If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.
Position: Outpatient Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Under the direction of the EHN Outpatient Services Leadership, the Outpatient Manager is responsible for providing daily leadership and oversight to a team of Masters-Level clinicians providing treatment in the EHN Outpatient Mood and Anxiety Workplace Trauma Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) and other outpatient services (individual therapy, group therapy). The Clinical Manager is responsible for maintaining clinical records according to the best practice dictated by their regulatory body. The Clinical Manager also ensures coverage for all sessions and coordinates coverage for staff in the event of illness or emergency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In consultation with the EHN Outpatient Services Leadership, hires, trains and plans for the future to ensure the staffing requirements of the program are met
- Oversees the scheduling of programming and staffing; delegates or covers the duties of staff when absent
- Oversees weekly office meetings and delegates tasks to staff, ensuring they are following through on their duties and responsibilities
- Keeps the EHN Outpatient Services Leadership apprised of any staff or program issues at weekly meetings
- Support EHN’s mission statement and strategic plan, to meet the needs of clients and address gaps in addiction services in the community
- Provide weekly and ad hoc clinical and operational supervision individually and in a group setting
- Knowledgeable and able to provide guidance on evidence-based clinical practices such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Trauma-Informed Therapy and others
- Collaborate with managers from other teams to create a cohesive clinical and operations workflow throughout the outpatient department
- Interview new counsellor candidates; engage in decision-making about hiring
- Manage timesheets and approve payroll
- Provide clinical orientation and mentorship to new staff
- Facilitate group sessions, as needed
- Carry a small caseload of individual and group sessions, as needed
- Performance manage staff requiring additional support
- Clinical program development
- Collaboration with senior leadership regarding growth initiatives
- Navigating program coverage needs
- Provide formal clinical supervision to staff with the use of personal registration number connected to regulatory body for invoicing purposes
- Liaise with staff from EHN inpatient programs and Admissions teams to coordinate care
- In collaboration with the Admissions Team, review case files for potential clients entering into outpatient programs and services to determine suitability
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Level, Registered with Ontario College of Occupational Therapist, Social Workers, or Psychotherapists
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Management leadership role.
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience providing face-to-face treatment to clients.
- Experience with virtual mental health care.
- Experience working in an outpatient treatment setting and with families is an asset.
- Strong ethical boundaries and leadership skills are required.
- Ability to relate effectively and establish positive interpersonal relationships with clients and staff.
- Must demonstrate effective oral, written and organizational skills including clinical note-taking and written assessments.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently on complex matters.
- Basic computer skills required: typing and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Salary range: $75,000-$90,000 commensurate with experience
Candidates should submit resumes to Elvira Trichilo, Human Resources Consultant at [email protected]. Bellwood Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, EHN will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.